The town's current code enforcer is Robin McPeek.
Here are a few reminders from code enforcement:
- All dogs must be leashed and under control of a person--they may not run loose with a leash attached to them
- Building permits and business licenses are required as per state statute
- Trash receptacles that are left outside continuously must be bear-proof
- It is illegal to live permanently in campers, trailers, RVs, and tiny houses in the Town of Crestone
- Any property owner interested in opening a short-term rental or B&B in any residential zone must apply for a Conditional Use Permit, and if approved, must pay an annual short-term rental fee of $150.00. A business license is also required. Please contact Town Hall with any questions about permits
If you would like to submit a complaint, please contact Town Hall either by phone or email.